Montana Crime Prevention Association
"Crime Prevention is Everyone's Business"
2010 MCPA Accomplishments
· Acquired nonprofit status from the IRS and the Montana Department of Treasury.
· Ratified the Association’s first set of bylaws.
· Officers were elected.
· Website for MCPA was developed.
· Established bank account for Association.
· Long-term action plan developed.
· Committees including Audit, Sustainability, and Outreach were created and all members were assigned to committees.
· Developed MCPA brochure.
· Developed a “Members Only” section, which includes a wide-range of exclusive resources, for the Association’s website.
· Developed several templates including one for letterheads, grants, and information.
· Published the first Association newsletter.
· Received the Association’s first corporate membership from Econoprint in Billings, MT.
· First public event for MCPA: DUI Forum held in Billings on August 25th. Over 90 area legislators and community leaders attended the forum which featured Attorney General Bullock, Erin Inman from the Montana Department of Transportation and Adam Flores of Community Solutions. The forum reviewed proposed DUI bills coming before the state legislature. The event was sponsored by the Yellowstone County DUI Task Force and the Montana Crime Prevention Association and was televised on KTVQ-2 in Billings. A second forum has been scheduled for Great Falls in December.
· Rob and Sharmon met with the National Crime Prevention Council in Washington D.C.
· MCPA received its first grant award from the Montana Board of Crime Control.
· Created an engaging membership packet to be sent to all Association members.
· Co-hosted the Fourth Annual Montana Crime Prevention Conference with the Montana Board of Crime Control. The conference was the most widely attended conference to date.
· Press release for MCPA was developed and sent to newspapers throughout the State. Kevin was interviewed after the release.
· Developed a public service announcement for MCPA which has been aired on several television stations around the State.
· Monty was a guest on the Public television Community Channel 7 in Billings hosted by the Yellowstone County DUI TF. The program discussed MCPA.
· Grant received from the Yellowstone County DUI Taskforce for production and promotion of public service announcements and presentations for DUI prevention.
· MCPA became a member of the National Crime Prevention Association and the Montana Non-profit Association.
· MCPA applied for several grants including MBCC; Town Pump; LCCF: MDU; Yellowstone Co DUI TF; Northwestern Energy.
· MCPA has three corporate sponsors including Econoprint, First Interstate Bank, and Montana Correctional Enterprises; MCPA anticipates several other corporate sponsors with several corporations being approached for membership.
· MCPA membership currently has 53 members including corporate sponsors.
· Quarterly meetings have occurred either in person or through telephone conference calls.
· Received first equipment donation of all-in-one copier from Western Office Supply in Billings.
· Equipment budget established.
· Successfully coordinated two law enforcement trainings for 2011 with FBI Law Enforcement Executive Development Association with Lifelock as a sponsor will provide a one day Identity Theft training to law enforcement. Another training may be added for the general public. The events will occur in Billings on July 19, 2011 and Missoula on July 21, 2011.
· MCPA will partner with Allstate Insurance at the Trade Show in Billings on March 4,5,6 and share a booth. Mcgruff is scheduled to make an appearance on two days for one to two hours each day to hand out ID kits. Parents will be informed as to the use and necessity of the ID kits.
· Future trainings in 2011: will partner with local law enforcement and co-host bicycle safety/rodeo programs and 2-4 Child Find/ID programs, and neighborhood watch startup programs.
· Initial planning for a fun run to be held in Billings, MT.
· MCPA receives office space in Billings, MT from Western Office Equipment.
More events to follow. If you have knowledge of an upcoming event, please contact us.